A Conversation for 'Fantasia On A Theme by Thomas Tallis' by Ralph Vaughan Williams

Another musical item

Post 1

Kes

Very nice - both the music and the article. I agree - it's one of those pieces that grabs you and refuses to let go. Mind you , it has competition from some other RVW items - The Lark Ascending, the other fantasies? Ah well, we've all got our favourites.

Listen - I wanted to contact you - about your earlier Purcell article, in a way. I'd like to make a ref. to it in something I'm starting, but also, I wonder if you'd be interested in participating.
I've started a project at the h2g2 Univ., on baroque music. If you'd care to take a look at the project outline (A405435), and if it's of interest, let me know.


Another musical item

Post 2

Occasional Hieroglyphic, wanderer in search of the exoteric

As to favorites, I simply adore everything I've heard of RVW. I have some of his work, but not this piece. The strange thing is that this is the third reference to it I've heard/seen this week! Someone up there is telling me it's time to visit the record shop again.


Another musical item

Post 3

Just zis Guy, you know? † Cyclist [A690572] :: At the 51st centile of ursine intelligence

If, over a month later, you still don't have this, then it's very much time for an urgent trip to the record shop. Oh yes. I recommend the recording by the the Academy of St Martin's-In-The Fields (ASMIF), conducted by Sir Neville MArriner.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more