A Conversation for Aldi Stores as Culture

"Hofer" in Austria

Post 1

smartfox

There are Aldi-Shops in Austria. I do not know if Austria is the only country in which Aldi is present but does not use its original name - if there are other examples I would be glad if you could tell me. In Austria Aldi uses the name "Hofer". The funny thing about it is, that they use the same sign, the big orange letter "A". I believe that most austrian people never wondered why a company whos name begins with a "H" uses an "A" as its sign. There is another funny thing about Hofer: Like in other countries, they sell mostly no-name-products, but about 90% of them are made in Austria by various manufacturers, about one third of them by the company "Spitz" in the town of Attnang-Puchheim. Since all other austrian supermarket chains like BILLA have been sold to german and are mostly selling german products like bavarian milk or cheese, Hofer is the supermarket chain which has the largest percentage of Austrian-made products.


Key: Complain about this post

"Hofer" in Austria

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more