A Conversation for British Mountaineering Qualifications

Mountain Leader Qualifications

Post 1

SteveMLTUK

This artcle is pretty good but its based on information from about 2000. All home nations, including England, now have their own training Board, and all are co-ordinated by MLTUK which directly administers the MIA and MIC awards. The EML has now extended its remit and is named the IML (International Mountain Leader).

Award holders can join the Mountain Leader Training Association for Continuing Professional Develoment, including workshops and annual conferences. The 2007 conference was held in mid-November 2007. Mountaineering Instructors are encoraged to join the Association of Mountaineering Instructors (AMI) and international mountain leaders operating professionally should be members of the British Associatin of International Mountain Leaders (BAIML). All these organisations have close links and work quite harmoniously together and also with the home nation Mountaineering Councils. At an international level, all these organisations also work in partnership with the UIAA. Check out www.mltuk.org if you would like to know more.


Mountain Leader Qualifications

Post 2

Skankyrich [?]

Thank you Steve! I'll work on an update in due course. Nice to know you chaps at the top are keeping an eye on things smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Mountain Leader Qualifications

More Conversations for British Mountaineering Qualifications

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more