A Conversation for How to Choose the Right Wedding Dress

Try it on anyway!

Post 1

AliBaba

One of the most important things about buying a wedding dress is to be open minded. You may loathe the idea of wearing a 'meringue' but try one anyway - it might look fantastic, and when else would you be able to wear one (or even try one on) and get away with it?

Remember that a white evening dress is not the same as a wedding dress. I went out with a very clear idea of what I wanted (empire line with scoop neck) and yes, it looked nice. But not special. About fifty dresses later I tried on a Tudor-style dress for a laugh and was stunned: I felt like a princess! My only mistake was not checking the price tag first...


Try it on anyway!

Post 2

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

You are right Ali Baba - I hope I got that across in the entry - you really don't know until you have tried the style on whether it suits you or not.

I was the opposite to you - thought I'd need a big dress but when I tried that style on I looked like a ship in full sail smiley - laugh Have gone for a rather slinkier number, but no more details in case my intended passes through here before the big day

For me at least, I don't necessarily want to look like a princess, but do want to look the absolute best it is possible for me to look in a frock. I want his jaw to hit the floor when he sees me and all the rellies I haven't seen since I was really fat to wonder if the wrong bride has turned up... smiley - winkeye

I finally found my dress after a *lot* of hunting - from all the trying on I had identified all of the individual elements I wanted in terms of necklines, silhouettes etc but struggled to find it all together in the same outfit - what a relief when I found one that ticked all the things I said wanted and when I got it 'on' it looked a million pounds (better than dollars smiley - winkeye).

What will you do (have you done?) with your dress after the wedding?

smiley - puffk


Try it on anyway!

Post 3

AliBaba

Bravo - I'm very impressed with all your research (it would have saved me a lot of time if I'd known all this beforehand smiley - winkeye) - and I'm sure his jaw will drop, or at least break into a huge grin, when he sees you!

My frock is still in a box somewhere at my parents' house. I can't see myself wearing it again smiley - wah but can't decide what to do with it - those auction sites sound promising...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more