A Conversation for Condoms

Breast Cancer

Post 1

Anticlockwise

I once met a researcher who came up with a hypothesis following a study of women's sexual activity. He has tried to show a link between this and the rise in breast cancer over recent years. He discovered that the more sex a woman had, the less likely it was that she would develop breast cancer. Women who had no sex life or older women who's sex life had dwindled were more prone to contracting the disease. He looked at what agent may be giving women this protection from breast cancer and so his attention was drawn to prostaglandins. Prostaglandins are abundant in semen and so he suspects these might be the agent that provides this immunity.

With the rise in AIDS awareness and the increase use of condoms we now see a proportional rise in the incidence of breast cancer among women. The use of condoms is denying women of their daily dose of prostaglandins and protection from breast cancer.


Breast Cancer

Post 2

Con

That is a really interesting theory. Maybe we should take it in capsule form? Oh, god, that would be awful! smiley - yikes


Breast Cancer

Post 3

Anticlockwise

I think an anti-breast cancer prostaglandin pill will eventually come following more conclusive research. Obviously it will be taken up by those women who do not wish to have an active sex life or are unable to.

I cannot help smile when I see people walking around with yellow ribbons supporting breast cancer without thinking what they may be lacking!

In the meantime now is the time to buy shares in Prostaglandin manufacturers before the rise in share price smiley - smiley


Breast Cancer

Post 4

I'm not really here

Does it make a difference how (or where) these prostaglandins are absorbed?


Breast Cancer

Post 5

BouncyBitInTheMiddle

There is a phrase in statistics:
"Correlation does not imply causation".

If condom use and breast cancer are both rising, that is only circumstantial evidence, it doesn't prove any link.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more