A Conversation for Toasted Sandwiches

The most important decision

Post 1

Dale Winton

The most important decision you must make when making cheese on toast is how many sides should you toast? I favour only toasting the one side and putting the cheese on the other but what does everyone else do? In Delia Smith's Cheese special she toasted both sides but I think that this would make the bread dry and too crunchy.

Another important decision to make is if you add a light sprinkling of Worcester Sauce to the cheese. I, as a rule, always do this unless I have ham or any other accompniment with the sandwich in ehich case the cheese is left nude as it were.

**THIS IS NOT A MATTER TO BE TAKEN LIGHTLY AND THERE SHOULD BE PROPER GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES REGARDING THE SUBJECT**


Toasted Cheese Sandwich

Post 2

piegirl

When I make toasted cheese sandwiches, this is how I do it.

Toast two slices of bread in a toaster to average brownness.
Butter one side of each slice.
Place a slice, butter side down, into a preheated pan.
Put put some more butter on the top of the bread.
Put lots of cheese on. (I prefer a slice of cheddar, a slice of mozzarella, and a slice of Dairylea (or american cheese if you're in america)).
Put the other slice of bread on top, butter side up.
Squish it with s spatula.
Wait some time, then flip it.
Wait some more time, and flip it again.
Keep doing so until the sandwich doesn't really want to open anymore due to all the nice, gooey cheese inside.

The bread doesn't go dry because of all the butter, and the gooey cheese... mmm..

It's also quite nice to stick some canned asparagus tips between two of the slices of cheese.


Key: Complain about this post

The most important decision

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more