A Conversation for The Drinking Circle Survival Guide

Oh come on!!!

Post 1

Secretly Not Here Any More

"The following information is presented as a reference only, as it is neither sensible nor profitable in any way to drink alcohol to excess. This entry is aimed at helping you to avoid drinking as opposed to being a source of encouragement to those who wish to abuse alcohol. Please drink responsibly."

Good to see that the Great British nanny state has spread to h2g2.


Oh come on!!!

Post 2

Kat - From H2G2

It should be noted that the BBC did not put that warning in, the author did.


Oh come on!!!

Post 3

Mort - a middle aged Girl Interrupted

The author put the warning in on advisement from peer reviewers. Had he not, then the BBC would certainly have put one in - and did in fact check the suitability of the warning before it was published.

The BBC has to careful with what it can and can't have onsite and will use such warnings when necessary - particularly as this is a family website.

smiley - ok


Oh come on!!!

Post 4

Kat - From H2G2

Besides...h2g2 is part of the BBC...so as a publically owned media centre it has to put these sorts of warnings in. Also if some tetchy person got huffy when we forgot to put in a warning, h2g2 could be closed down and then where would we be? It's a small price to pay and I'd hate to see a fuss kicked up by some annoying person just for want of a few lines of writing.


Oh come on!!!

Post 5

AlexAshman


I was just trying my best to actually get this into the EG - it was a bit of a struggle.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The Drinking Circle Survival Guide

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more