A Conversation for Christmas Shopping and How to Survive It

A Narrowly-avoided Wrapping Incident

Post 1

Mu Beta

A vaguely related anecdote.

I went out on 22nd December last year to get all my Christmas shopping. It wasn't too busy, and I quickly picked up all the requisite requests: an electric toothbrush for my Mum, the LOTR DVD for my brother, a bottle of scotch for my stepfather (a posh one that comes in a metal tube), and so on. I also, remembering that I had used my supplies the week before, bought another can of de-icer for the car. I came in and dumped all the shopping bags ready for Odo to do the wrapping (she enjoys it, bless her).

Only when my car froze over on Christmas Eve did I realise that we were within 24 hours of giving my stepfather a can of de-icer. It was exactly the same shape and size as the whisky, and Odo had got carried away and wrapped everything. smiley - smiley

B


A Narrowly-avoided Wrapping Incident

Post 2

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

And for Heaven's sake don't do the classic 'buy everyone CDs wrap them and then spend hours holding them up to teh light trying to work out which is which' trick. Although my tactic for the legion of elderly aunts I have negates this problem- half a dozen identical gift boxes from Body Shop.

smiley - ale


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more