A Conversation for High School Proms

Prom a no go

Post 1

Researcher 233345

I did not go to this year and I had a great time at home doing nothing in particular. It was great! My friends that went said that by the time they got the pictures and the mementos the Prom was close to over. It was just a waste of time and money. I rather just go clubbing.

That stuff about finding a dress and suit is too much of a hassle to deal with. You got to cordinate this your date, and fit it into your budget. That can be a tough situation too. Buying anything on a teenagers salery is hard, and that is if he or she has a job. I know we could ask the parents for money, but that is not easy nor is it the right thing to do when you are searching for your own independence as most teenagers do arounds this time.

However you could just go cheep and make your outfit with duct-tape. (It solves everything) Though this is way against the social hierarchy of high school it is fun none the less. Their is even a small college schollarship awarded for it. Though this takes even more thought in cordination than just buying your clothing, because last year the winners of this competion made a suit and dress that look like they were from the Renaissance. So the competition is tough.

So rather than deal with the hassle of prom it is so much easier and better to be good to your self and not go at all. And if anyone comes up to you and asks you to go to the prom with them. Do yourself a favor and look them in the eye and say, "No thanks, I don't need the stress."


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more