A Conversation for Guinea Pigs in the Wild

Thery taste OK too.

Post 1

U128068

The first and only time that I have eaten Guinea Pig was in Ecuador. They are called Cuy there and mine was served on a bed of popcorn (also originating in South America). I cannot really tell you what it tasted like because I'd been vegetarian for 4 years previous to this experiance, so had no memories of what meat should taste like. I was in the jungle in the middle of nowhere and had eaten nothing but rice for days, my body was craving any food I could get.

I found it most surprising that the meat eaters in the group would eat the chickens we had seen in the last town, 24 hours away by truck, (They had been fed anti-biotics and hormones, kept in cramped conditions, treated badly, and been transported to their final destination in an inhumane manner. The chickens not the people.) but would not eat the Guinea pig (Which had lead a natural existance in the forest and was killed in a sustainable manner).

Just because chickens aren't furry.


They taste OK too.

Post 2

U128068

Sorry, that should have been "They taste OK too."


They taste OK too.

Post 3

Peregrin

It's strange what people eat... in the far East they eat dogs but are revolted at the thought of eating cows. In the west, we eat cows but are revolted at the idea of eating dogs.

Funny old world isn't it smiley - winkeye


They taste OK too.

Post 4

U128068

Some people even eat Pot Noodles!


They taste OK too.

Post 5

Peregrin

*shudder*


They taste OK too.

Post 6

U128068

LOL


Thery taste OK too.

Post 7

Neugen Amoeba

So did you go back to being a vegiterian, or was the taste too good to pass up again?


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Guinea Pigs in the Wild

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more