A Conversation for 'Danger Mouse' - the TV Series

Colonel K

Post 1

Lord Lopper

Wasn't he a rabbit rather than a walrus?

BTW Dangermouse's voice was provided by David Jason who also appears on some of the H2G2 radio shows.


Colonel K

Post 2

AAlgar

I'm not sure what I believed Colonel K to be, but I'm quite certain "walrus" wasn't it. Everyone else seems roughly to scale-- mouse, hamster, frog, crow... my understanding of walruses (walrii?) is that they're closer to human size. True?

Besides, Paul is the Walrus. smiley - winkeye


Colonel K

Post 3

JonBob

I always thought of K as a walrus myself. Scale was used quite freely in the series, and I was never quite sure what size things were supposed to be. In general, DM and Penfold seemed to be curb-high when walking down the street, and seemed to live in a human-sized world, but we never see a human. I remember an episode in which we see various world leaders being attacked with the Giggleococcus virus, and they are all animals seemingly on the scale of DM & co. I'm not sure it was one of the more consistent shows on TV, but I wouldn't miss it for the world when it was on.


Colonel K

Post 4

Mike A (snowblind)

I've always heard that K was a walrus.

There's humans in Custard, the first episode of the second series. But not alongside any nanimals so we can draw comparisons...


Colonel K

Post 5

I'm not really here

I have got no idea what animal Col K was supposed to be, but that David Jason narrated it should be mentioned, as he helped make the program so great. Especially when it was shown in 5 minute episodes everyday instead of in one lump. I always remember the one where DM fell off a cliff every episode and it was hilarious when David Jason recapped on the Friday. Or maybe thats just me.


Colonel K

Post 6

C Hawke

re scale of K and DM, as we never see them together, just on video screens you simply cannot tell. As to CK's specie I never gave it any thought, but a quick check and, well I still don't know.

CH


Colonel K

Post 7

Lord Lopper

I am rather embarrased to say that I used to own a Dangermouse annual and I seem to remember reading that Colonel K was a rabbit in it, despite the huge walrus moustache.

Also Stilleto is apparently the son of an italian judge called
Just Juan Cornetto - (great gag)


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more