Escape Pod Dreams - 160

0 Conversations

Escape Pod Dreams - The 'Brain Dump' Issue

The New New blob

The mind reader's curse is not knowing what other people are thinking.

Most people are not thinking anything. They are doing the same things with their minds and bodies that they were yesterday and the week before. They may play with an idea that they got someplace else, say, an email, turning it over and over like a bright pebble in a magpie's clutches, but rarely one of their own. No, the mind reader's curse is knowing what people are not thinking about, that they probably should be. The human brain is taken up with so much garbage that like a cluttered hard drive, the necessary functions are hampered, if they are allowed at all. Human and society created viruses and worms for themselves long before computers were dreamed of. Some of them are called memes by the charitable.

The New New blob

More reasons why small children and animals beat a pile of college-trained ape-descendants:

1. 8:57 AM
Who tastes the dog food?
by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

2. 9:57 AM
Finnegans Wake is really a cookbook, says nutritionist with NHS
by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

3. 10:57 AM
Steel Wool Tampons and lawnmower detergent
by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

4. 11:57 AM
I survived an attempted hold up at work
by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

The New New blob

The Escape Pod Dreams Archive

TonsilRevenge

27.03.2008 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A33794959

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more