A Conversation for The Martyrdom of St Margaret Clitherow

Martyrs

Post 1

Alfredo




Religious fights all over the world do create martyrs at all sides of religions.

In the Middle Ages it was more common than later on, because in these days in Europe any different opinion was "solved" by war, so also in religious matters.

As democracy was introduced, that kind of behavior was outdated, but was never vanished.

Most to blame are people of my age (50+)who can manipulate young minds who love black&white talks especially in combination with "wars" and weapons. Suddenly’ all is clear and taken care off.

Until their hearts start to suffocate when they're about 35 / 40 years.

Today I watched many video clips about the Mormon sect in the USA with
It’s very shady morals.
I realize that a sect is not the same as religion. That's true.

All these Arab religious leaders in Iraq creating their own religious kingdom by shouting a little louder than another man of age.

Man, about 55 who say to a young boy (9); "Don’t you want to become a new Bi Laden" as response of the boy who says that he wants to go back to his parents and therefore wants to leave the religious school.
Not school, but religious school.

The new Pope in Rome, who wrote a letter in Latin before he became pope, told the priests that all sexual abuses must remain hidden at all costs, and that the priest should be replaced to another village.

The Anabaptists had their own martyrs.
I discovered that the housekeeper of my ancestors was buried alive outside Brussels in 1597 because of her (Anabaptist) conviction that "God cannot be caught between walls and by popes and that the whole point of the gospel was to love".
At our planet, that was enough to suffocate someone.

http://www.bethelks.edu/mla/holdings/scans/martyrsmirror/mm%20bk2%20p793.jpg
There’s almost some tragedy in it, when peoples are being locked up, while the dominant church is trying to persuade them. Ifr not by words, they tried by nice food, money, prostitutes, promises of status, etc. etc.
If it wasn’t that brutal it sometimes almost is touching.
We aren’t any better than they were and they’re not any better than us.

Martyrdom remains a satus that seduces old and bold to manipulate young peoples for their own hidden agenda and profits.


Martyrs

Post 2

Alfredo

One can also become a martyr at H2G2.
Just put a posting twice and one's branded for the rest of his fictive and non-fictive life smiley - smiley



Greetings from Amsterdam


Martyrs

Post 3

Elentari

smiley - ok


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The Martyrdom of St Margaret Clitherow

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more