A Conversation for Skylarking - The XTC Album

One of my favourite albums...

Post 1

Lochangel

and the soundtrack to my last year at uni, Skylarking is a joy from start to finish. It reminds me of lying in Warwickshire fields listening to the skylarks singing over head. It also reminds me of dozing fully clothed in the arms of someone who I loved very much indeed but who wasn't my boyfriend at the time.Unfortunately that was the closest we got.smiley - wah It all went a little pear-shaped after that.

It took me a long time to really get into XTC as a band - they are rarely popular among young'uns. The wonderful thing about XTC is that all their songs are a love song to a deeply flawed, but non the less much-loved England. They understand that England is not the idealised paradise it is often made out to be, but that doesn't stop them celebrating the good and the bad.

Although I have to say my take on Dear God is slightly different then the author's. I have always read it as if there was a God, he wouldn't allow the bad things to happen rather then blaming him directly for what happens. But the wonderful thing about XTC songs is that they can be read in so many ways.

Buy it and fall in love with it. You won't regret it.

*sighs in happiness*


One of my favourite albums...

Post 2

flyingtwinkle

i am also thinking of trying


One of my favourite albums...

Post 3

flyingtwinkle

i am also thinking of trying be happy


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more