A Conversation for DVD Extras: The Pros and Cons

"Uncut" the magazine - DVD Reviews

Post 1

Steve K.

"Uncut" is a UK magazine I frequently buy here in Texas, for several reasons. It has a music CD with some pretty good choices typically; it costs $9 which I think is less than the subscription price with US shipping included; and it has a lot of reviews, including DVD's. And in particular, the DVD reviews include star ratings (1 thru 5) for both the movie and the DVD extras. So, for example, "Willard" gets 3 stars for the movie (altho 5 stars for Crispin Glover fanatics), but 5 stars for the extras: commentary, Making of ..., rat documentary smiley - yikes, and Glover's self-directed video for "Ben".

As a hobbyist short film maker who pretends to learn from the DVD extras, I find some of them fascinating. But its nice to get an idea from a reviewer of how "fascinating" they might be.


Key: Complain about this post

"Uncut" the magazine - DVD Reviews

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more