A Conversation for Curved Space and the Fate of the Universe

Elements & bosons

Post 1

F F Churchton

I find it ironic that the Greeks found four elements which made up the Universe (Gaia, water, fire & air) and then we've found the bosons of which they are four (weak, strong, electromagnetic and gravitional). I know this has absolutely nothing to do with your article so I thought I would just bring it to everyones attention!!!


Elements & bosons

Post 2

Apollyon - Grammar Fascist

On a related not, I read recently that Bell's Theorem is pretty much a restatement of the alchemical Law of Contagion. Unfortunately I can't clarify that, as I have no idea what either of them are.


Elements & bosons

Post 3

diamonddragon

I thought Gaia was the spirit of the earth.


Elements & bosons

Post 4

Apollyon - Grammar Fascist

No, Gaia WAS Earth. Similarly, Uranus, wasn't the god of the sky, he WAS the sky. Hades wasn't the god of the underworld, he WAS the underworld.


Elements & bosons

Post 5

F F Churchton

It's like that old joke...

Atlas, for crimes against the gods, you will hold up Uranus for the rest of eturnity...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more