A Conversation for Minidisc

Minidisc ruined my life

Post 1

Uncle Heavy [sic]

I don't have much cash. So I can't by CDs often. But lots of my friend s had MDs, so I thought 'Why not buy one yourself?' So I saved up my money and bought one. And it was good. I recorded all the music I wanted, but hadn't been able to buy. It was good, at first. Lots to listen to. But then they got boring. so I recorded new music. But that quickly got boring too. Now all my favourite music is boring. Even the stuff I have heard only half a dozen times. why? Because MDs devalue music. If you buy a CD, you listen to it for ages. You paid, you earnt it. Other people's CDs aren't the same when you record them. They are not as precious. Thus everything I once like, I now don't. I am boycotting all music ever now in the hope I'll be able to reappretiate my lost music.


Minidisc ruined my life

Post 2

james007

Not sure I understand your point.

You're saying "music piracy is bad"? In which case, you're right, up to a point.

You're saying "minidiscs are bad"? Nah, mate.


Minidisc ruined my life

Post 3

Uncle Heavy [sic]

no, im saying that with all this musci i had been anticipating buying, that was now readily available, it ruined the build up to the purchace, as i could get all i wanted. i now have to buy cds, as my friends dont share my musical taste, and i like music again.


Minidisc ruined my life

Post 4

cafram - in the states.

What about trading md's? I know of some people who exchange their md's with ppl on the other side of the world (or in the next state, whatever...smiley - smiley) - it's a great way to get some new music and it *is* more special (well, kinda...)


Minidisc ruined my life

Post 5

Uncle Heavy [sic]

still not the same...


Minidisc ruined my life

Post 6

cafram - in the states.

hah - I was looking through all my old postings - look what I found!

Changed your tune now??!


Minidisc ruined my life

Post 7

Uncle Heavy [sic]

im still bored of good music. liek the white stripes who are great but overlistened, but i just got about 10 more new Cds to record, so im reasonably happy.

are you suggesting trading? it would take ages to send them


Minidisc ruined my life

Post 8

Kre8shun

maybe you didn't get bored, you just realised that you mates music was not for you, and it was time for a change, hence newly appointed love of music?smiley - erm


Minidisc ruined my life

Post 9

Uncle Heavy [sic]

i got over that little blip and now i love all music. well, except pop and rap. and most metal. and all that ghastly MOR stuff.


Minidisc ruined my life

Post 10

cafram - in the states.

I totally agree about pop and rap (and heavy metal smiley - yuk)...but what on earth is MOR?!

I *think* I've fixed my MD...if it behaves this week I won't have to spend lots of money repairing it! smiley - wow


Minidisc ruined my life

Post 11

Uncle Heavy [sic]

middle of the road. like stereophonics, travis, coldplay oasis and the like of boring rod steward fetishising sods.


Minidisc ruined my life

Post 12

David Parker

Is that what you call Middle of the Road these days? I would have thought some of radio 2 and such like was more mor, but there again I have not been a regular radio listener for years. When I did listen Frank Sinatra, Doris Day, Frankie Laine where middle of the road.

Back to the point, minidiscs have revitalised my interest in music as I have downloaded my cd's lp's and 45's to my computer and transfered them all to 1 gigabyte minidiscs using Sonys' atrac system.


Key: Complain about this post