A Conversation for Love

The world's bigges LIE

Post 121

tanzen

ElvenFire2:

"Well, I know that romantic love is fine and all, but to say that it has nothing to do with material things is a bit of a stretch.

Try living under an overpass with an heroine addicted lover, eating nothing but dead roaches, and we'll see how long your love lasts."

I think that money can be an issue for any people who live together, regardless of whether or not they're in a relationship. To be honest I used to stay away from people who looked like they were "from money"...I was raised poor and apart from that, am too much of a misfit to get along with most people who are "from money".

Well, most of the people I've met anyway.


The world's bigges LIE

Post 122

Galigan

tanzen,

thank you for clearing that up for me, and congratulations on your relationship.

smiley - ok


The world's bigges LIE

Post 123

ElvenFire2

Well tanzen:

I'm not saying that we need to only hook up with people with money, the point that I am trying to make is that it is a little bit naive to think that love will sort everything out for itself.

You have to take into consideration and worry about wordly things too, that is the world that we live on now.

I am not that much of a cynicsmiley - winkeye

love, smiley - diva


The world's bigges LIE

Post 124

tanzen

cheers Galigan smiley - cheers

I don't think it's cynical to believe you need more than love to be happy. I think we all want to be at least a little stable. But I think I would be happier being poor with my boy now than loaded and with anyone else...

...but then I've always had a masochistic streak smiley - roflsmiley - rofl


The world's bigges LIE

Post 125

fifty-four

A heroine addict? Look, love is supposed to be mutual growth, spiritualy, metally, and physically. If someone is in such a stagnant relationship then their growth is being stunted. Leaving that sort of situation is not materialistic it is just good sense.


The world's bigges LIE

Post 126

steff_allan

I like love smiley - smiley


The world's bigges LIE

Post 127

Brother Andúril - Guardian

So say many who are immersed in it. One could say love is good in itself, though it can be painful in its application.


The world's bigges LIE

Post 128

Neil the Indefinite

You could say that.


The world's bigges LIE

Post 129

tanzen

I'm still getting used to being in love. I feel like cynical suited me better smiley - laugh


The world's bigges LIE

Post 130

Galigan

good for you.smiley - smiley i think my brother's a little bit in love at the moment. 'tis rather annoying cos he's always going off with her and then the parents start having a go.


The world's bigges LIE

Post 131

phildzo


Yes, All my trials Lord soon be over.
Another excavation.
Why reply to a thread that mite have ceased to go?
A theory: A myriads esp. in details cud be overwhelming, I¡¦ll skim and pick what I can manage.
Are they still roaming? Must have more lines on hands and faces with lessons learnt.
Just not for new-comers on that same road to go stray and do regrettables.

Many repliers were kind but
This theory: Like Guinevere, many women ended up trophies, or say prizes, awards. That¡¦s why some undeserving got unbelievables with humanity sacrificed. While some good hearts died in lethal lonesomeness.

Someone care to talk about?


The world's bigges LIE

Post 132

Brother Andúril - Guardian

Its amazing how important personal pronouns are to everyday speech...


The world's bigges LIE

Post 133

Neil the Indefinite

Is that's what's missing from his message?
I wasn't sure if it was poetic speech or something cryptic or perhaps just some freak of language.

Pardon me, phildzo, what you say sounds interesting, and you may be onto something. Would you care to elucidate your comments?
Whatever form they take, I welcome them.

(Good to see you are still on this thread Anduril! smiley - smiley)


The world's bigges LIE

Post 134

phildzo

Hi, Anduril, forgiv me to have wondered what your post meant and delayed asking so long: I even wondered if it were pronouncement related.

Hi, Neil, believe me all there¡¦s to be pardoned is the long time it took for me to post to have your much appreciated comment.
¡§All my trials Lord soon be over¡¨ was made from my reflex to the strike of "This Too Shall Pass", kind of heavy. He mite take it all very seriously, precaution is good.
And a confession, I haven¡¦t gone thru all posts. Distractions.
If not too much waste of your time, I did some other posts about gender issues. Especially with that once avanguarde analogy to ruling/rulee, the whole species is rendered the game preyed. Autonomy lost is not necessarily given up, but not impossibly coerced, and tricked into. Most of all, a contriving device deeper than the deepest abyss thru the time (in sci-fi, untraceable holocausts and rebuild from ruins), ¡§natural¡¨ selection preserved or say allowed the fit, the sheep.
Free competition was let to whet all kinds of desires to the tragedy of bubbling population, industrialization and progression -- e-tech is doing all it cud making things unmanageably complicated for human brain without genuine bliss. Further, it¡¦s a formidable tool of exploitation on top of our nerve system already so vulnerable.

The lie is not big, but too humongously huge and all-round


The world's bigges LIE

Post 135

phildzo


BTW our German inspired philosopher, the word, Aufheben, to elucidate, construe to its utmost essence suffices to overturn, yet biased scaffolding had been too often the escort.


The world's bigges LIE

Post 136

Brother Andúril - Guardian

Is it? Thats nice to know...

Kevin knows (its a real struggle here to not say: how they make it so creamy) what I was on about (Kevin being someone who knows nuthin' about nuthin').

Interesting philosophical question. If you know nothing about nothing, do you know something? The answer is of course: You dont know.


The world's bigges LIE

Post 137

PervasiveAndNowhere

Mutuality is surely essential in any lasting relationship. If there is no balance, things tend to disintegrate quickly <3


The world's bigges LIE

Post 138

Brother Andúril - Guardian

I guess thats the crux of the matter. Things do tend to go sour, I agree, when there is nonmutuality of feeling.


The world's bigges LIE

Post 139

QuestionableStranger

Cynicism is a very versatile and accurate tool, but on the likewise should be carefully hinted at if you true meaning is meant to be revealed (espicially due to the lack of vocal conotation and body cues that can be administered online). Just a thought to future conversations online, This Too.

And I like to think it is rather impossible to truely experianceand/or understant the opposite sex. And of course, this fact adds mysticism and romance to our love lives. I think the main reason we will never be able to understand the opposite sex, is the most obvious: the lack of the very things that would make us the opposite sex. Men lack Estrogen, women lack Testoserone. Men have that second brain (as someone has witingly pointed out) and women dont. Of course, these things can be altered by modern science, but I still believe it will not give you an accurate assessment of the sex you have attempted to become. You will always know what you truely are, and your new experiances "in the other's shoes" will be tainted by past experiances. In short, explaining to a man the essential "jist" of women, would be equivelent to explaining the color yellow to a blind man...


The world's bigges LIE

Post 140

Nunarssuaq

I think it was Einstein who once raised a couple very good questions...When we hear a sound, do we all hear the same note? When we see something, do we all see the same color?

If everything our senses pick up is purely subjective, then what we have here is an eternal failure to communicate...If you ask me, I think that kind of puts the fun into Life.

Maybe Love works the same way...


Key: Complain about this post