A Conversation for Harry Potter

The Weasleys

Post 1

Greta_9, Keeper of the 4/4 Beat and Deep Sexy Basslines, in a strange condition

There are actually seven Weasley siblings, you missed Charlie, the dragon tamer... Ron and the Gred & Forge team smiley - smiley are my favourite characters in the Harry potter books. I've read all four of them... and I'm in my late twenties smiley - smiley


The Weasleys

Post 2

FABT - new venture A815654 Angel spoiler page

quite right, charlie is also a weasly,

my favourite character is sirius black, i cant wait to find our who is going to play him. they are severely limited by age. if harry is about 13 in the prisoner of azkabahn and was assume his parent died on their mid twenties then the age of sirius black must be about 35-40. which knocks out all of the most likely people to play him as most of them are either in, or look like they are in, their 50s.


FABT



The Weasleys

Post 3

Greta_9, Keeper of the 4/4 Beat and Deep Sexy Basslines, in a strange condition

Hmmm... Sirius Black... lemme think... it'd have to be a British actor in his late thirties-early forties, pale and gaunt, with a mellow, sad face... how about John Lynch? Bit on the short side, but he can pull off the English accent (as seen in The Secret Garden)... or... hmmm, I'll get back to you on that. Perhaps we should make this a topic for discussion. Daniel Day-Lewis could also do it, but he'd have to lay off the ego a little (I mean, who says that Sirius Black has to be ugly?) smiley - winkeye

I'm actually curious to see how Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson will age... whether they'll do a Macaulay Culkin/Lukas Haas and turn out to be a bit ugly, or do an Elijah Wood/Kieran Culkin and turn out all right smiley - smiley Mind you, I'm not seeing the films unless they get somebody else to direct them either than Chris "Joanne told me to do it this way" Columbus...


The Weasleys

Post 4

Swiv (decrepit postgrad)

Sirius always strikes me as being a good looking guy - just a bit worn - and I'm rooting for them to cast Ralph Fiennes.
Not that Day-Lewis would be too bad


The Weasleys

Post 5

FABT - new venture A815654 Angel spoiler page

i think an unknown would be a good idea, but going on past performance i dont think they'll miss the chance for a celebraty cameo.


The Weasleys

Post 6

Greta_9, Keeper of the 4/4 Beat and Deep Sexy Basslines, in a strange condition

Ralph Fiennes is a little too round-faced, I think... and in love with himself. Colin Firth is big now, after "Bridget Jones's Diary", so they might cast him, although the same argument stands (relatively pudgy).

I'd like to see Rhys Ifans do anything in the Harry Potter series, though. Let me think... well, if they dyed his hair red he'd make a great Bill Weasley, wouldn't he? He's got the swagger and the rock star connections (see his drunken contribution to the first Super Furry Animals album).


The Weasleys

Post 7

Researcher 206594

No way, Firth could NEVER pull off Black. Although I like Firth, he doesn't look like he could stomach how many(15ish?)years in azkaban). I can't really think of any actor that could pull off the unpretentious humanity of black.


The Weasleys

Post 8

Greta_9, Keeper of the 4/4 Beat and Deep Sexy Basslines, in a strange condition

Maybe the new director will make way for a newcomer... who knows.

How about John Lynch?


The Weasleys

Post 9

Catwoman

Colin Firth couldn't do it, I agree.
Also we need decent people for Lupin and Peter Pettigrew.
Harry's parents look about 30 to me (in the mirror) so we can find people who are, or look like they are, in their early forties.
I know Alan Rickman was at school with them and is older, but being a Death Eater has got to take it out of you. (same for Azkaban/being a rat/werewolf - so we've got an age range of 40-50 ish)

I won't even mention my favourite for Sirius, because I know it won't happen.


The Weasleys

Post 10

Swiv (decrepit postgrad)

oh go on, mention him - stop being tantalising!

(I'm still after Ralph Fiennes for the part!)


The Weasleys

Post 11

friendlywithteeth

Tell!

Who's going to be Madame Maxime? The one who played ms. Trunchbull?

What about Trelawney?


The Weasleys

Post 12

Catwoman

Oh no, we're not going to be speculating for book 4 now are we? Anyway, Madame Maxime should be a, er, handsome woman (I think that's the best word), not a Trunchball.

Ralph Fiennes is the best of the plausible choices for Sirius that I've heard so far.

Trelawny is the divination teacher? Oooh, there's a difficult one.


The Weasleys

Post 13

FABT - new venture A815654 Angel spoiler page

juliette landau would be cool as trelawny, but shes too young.

FABT


The Weasleys

Post 14

friendlywithteeth

I think the Trunchball woman would be good, as she's got a 'presence' like Robbie Coltrane, but can be elegant if she wants to be...methinks.

[Who's Juliette Landau?]


The Weasleys

Post 15

FABT - new venture A815654 Angel spoiler page

drusilla in buffy the vampire slayer and angel the series.


The Weasleys

Post 16

friendlywithteeth

She would be good!


The Weasleys

Post 17

FABT - new venture A815654 Angel spoiler page

she can certainly be d*mn scary.


The Weasleys

Post 18

Swiv (decrepit postgrad)

Catwoman - is your choice for Sirius deceased? or just blatantly too old???


The Weasleys

Post 19

friendlywithteeth

Tell us!!


The Weasleys

Post 20

Greta_9, Keeper of the 4/4 Beat and Deep Sexy Basslines, in a strange condition

Juliet Landau is too young to play Trelawney... Harry and Ron call her "daft old bat" so obviously she has to be older! (I'd go for Joanna Lumley in oversized specs, I think she could pull it off.)

Ralph Fiennes for Sirius: hmmm... I'm still rooting for John Lynch.

Madame Maxime would have to be cast from nothing, because big actresses are not at all easy to find. She'd have to be big, not fat; can't really think of anyone.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more