A Conversation for XXXX

Fosters et al

Post 1

BALR14

It is my unfortunate experience when travelling (particularly in the USA and UK) that hosts think that offering a visiting Australian a Fosters beer is a positive and considerate act. Most countries spend a fortune on processing and storing toxic waste. In Australia we put it in cans/bottles and sell it as Fosters (as noted elsewhere) to unsuspecting buyers overseas! (we also adopt this practice with embarassing personalities and TV shows which we sell to the UK - think Neighbours, Home and Away, Cell Block H). Perhaps in hindsight it is an act of revenge by the hosts.

This practise seems to have been discovered in some quarters however as we cannot find any buyers overseas for our other toxic disguise attempts such as "West" End Beer - with the great taste of Mud!.

Now dog-bolter thats a beer!


Fosters et al

Post 2

BadZen

Dog-Bolter is indeed a tasty brew smiley - smiley


Fosters et al

Post 3

Fipsie

smiley - cheersI think it might be called that becuase of the reaction of dogs to the stuff? Hhmm... think I'll stick to my XXXX...


Fosters et al

Post 4

Hells_Nerd

Actually, you will find on the back of most 'Australian' beer cans words to the effect of 'Brewed in the EU'. Well, here in the UK anyway; trade description laws in most of Continental Europe actually forbid it to be marketed as beer, and rightly so. Castlemaine, a particularly vile example, was until fairly recently brewed next to the old gasworks in Northampton.

If I ever get around to visiting Australia, I'm going to try the local Fosters for myself. I've no doubt it'll be infinitely better.


Fosters et al

Post 5

BadZen

smiley - cdouble You've missed something smiley - smiley

Fosters is bad. You might find it hard to get here.
smiley - tongueincheek


smiley - cheers


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more