A Conversation for Germany

ALDI AND SCANNERS

Post 1

Maniac242

Does anyone notice that Aldi now uses Scanners to register the price?
In Geretsried the build in those Scanners, but it's not become any faster.


ALDI AND SCANNERS

Post 2

freter

I doubt that anybody can produce a scanner that works any faster than the cashiers at Aldi... They are so fast that you will get into trouble packing your purchases into your trolley fast enough smiley - smiley


ALDI AND SCANNERS

Post 3

cul8r b8-t+b

damn right freter - usually the cashiers will sit there, bored, as you try to cram the stuff into your bags and pull the money out of your wallet. Sometimes they will punch in the numbers and help you bag. A phenomena indeed.


ALDI AND SCANNERS

Post 4

Hun

Hiya!

I just read a newspaper articel about that.
It seems that Aldi South does switch to scanners because of the introduction of the Euro. When the conversion comes, all their cashiers can't possibly learn by heart all the new prices, so they have to employ scanners instead. Also it is very hard for them to find cashiers that are able to learn all prices in the first place.

Aldi North now seems to be employing a different system, they use to puch in a three-digit number that is unique for evey item and then the computer inserts the correct price. No probs there with the Euro conversion.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more