A Conversation for Mochdre, Powys, Wales, UK

hHS - Mochdre

Post 1

Mustapha

Hey, Busking Bob! Just letting you know that I'm going to be giving this Entry a link in the h2g2 Historical Society for taking the time to go into the town's past.

http://www.h2g2.com/A240058


hHS - Mochdre

Post 2

BuskingBob

I am honoured!

I stay in a small tent at the back of the pub most years for a couple of weeks in summer, and love the place. I could tell stories that would burn out the chips of every online server.......
But I won't!
Bye the way - I think "town" is probably too big a word for Mochdre!


hHS - Mochdre

Post 3

Mustapha

You're right, but village is just not a commonly used word around NZ. I mean, we have communities not much bigger, you know, the ones whose main street is also a state highway on its way to somewhere more substantial. Blink and you'll miss 'em!

But 'village' just seems wrong for them somehow. Whether it's a connotation of a certain age (of which ours aren't) or not, I don't know.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Mochdre, Powys, Wales, UK

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more