A Conversation for Catching Scheduled Transport

Never try to catch a bus in Stirling

Post 1

Underground Caroline

Don't bother trying to catch a bus in Stirling, Scotland. Believe me, I lived there and I've tried. It shouldn't have been that hard. There was a bus stop in front of my house, but that didn't seem to make any difference. The bus drivers there seem to operate a system where the object of their job is to avoid picking up passengers. Many of them take alternative routes that avoid nearly all of the bus stops, and they have been known to drive past waiting cues of people. One of them (driving an almost empty bus) drove past me at a stop, whilst shrugging his shoulders, as if to say ' I'm sorry, I'm two minutes late, you can't possibly expect me to pick you up, that's not my job'.
I gave up taking buses and walked instead. I hasten to add that bus services in every other part of Scotland seem perfectly rational and accommodating and the majority of bus drivers are really nice people.
Um.. I'll get down off my soap box now, shall I? smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Never try to catch a bus in Stirling

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more