A Conversation for Eurostar

Ferry Boat

Post 1

Pes

And taking the eurostar is a pretty better solution, and faster too, than taking a ferry boat.
for taking the ferry boat, in France you must go to Boulogne sur Mer or Calais (2-3 hours from Paris). Then you land in Dover (2-3 hours from London).

So I think that eurostar is a pretty good solution regardless of its flaws.


Ferry Boat

Post 2

Just zis Guy, you know? † Cyclist [A690572] :: At the 51st centile of ursine intelligence

Hey, I never said Eurostar was bad. I actually quite like it, but for my trips to Brussels it is slower and more expensive than a British Midland 737, regardless of the check-in times. I fly often enough that I am unlikely to have to buy a ticket to Brussels with my own money in the foreseeable future, so it's really a convenience thing anyway. And yes, Orly is dreadful, but CDG is tolerable - it depends where you're going. Reading to Versailles was quicker by air than by Eurostar last time I tried.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more