A Conversation for Janeane Garofalo

This woman is ...

Post 1

Abi

a goddess - a Hollywood Icon for the rest of us. I loved The Truth about Cats and Dogs. Could that because like her character I am called Abi, am a small, generously fashioned brunette? Is it that I have a friend who is the spitting image of Uma Thurman who steals all my male friends and love interests? Surely not!

Talk about my life in celluloid!


This woman is ...

Post 2

Mustapha

Don't give Hollywood the credit. After all, they are the ones who thought up the frankly cock-eyed idea that Garofalo could pass for 'homely'. smiley - smiley


This woman is ...

Post 3

Robotron, formerly known as Robyn Graves and before that, GreyRose

She is beautiful, brilliant, and I wish I was friends with her. She totally rules! Great article! smiley - smiley


This woman is ...

Post 4

Zach Garland

Thanks GreyRose. A couple months ago I almost got a chance to meet Janeane Garofalo. I was at the South by Southwest (SXSW) Conference in Austin Texas, and I heard she was there too. In the same building somewhere. I was attending the Internet portion of the conference. No doubt she was only going to the movie and music portions of the event, which is why we never crossed paths. However, just think! I was in the SAME CITY as Janeane Garofalo! Could you just die?? I mean like I was breathing the same air she was breathing and stuff. And I happened to bump into movie critic Elvis Mitchell that week. I'm sure at some time he must have bumped into Janeane Garofalo. So that's something... Actually that's nothing is it? I'm so bummed now. There I was within feet... okay yards.. well maybe a couple miles OF GREATNESS..! and I never met her. It's alright though. I mean I'm such a manic depressive slightly overweight wastoid that she probably would have taken one look at me and laughed. How ironic.


This woman is ...

Post 5

Triv, Patron Saint of Merry-Go-Rounds; Maker of Sacred Signposts CotTB; Foxy Manor's Head Butler; ACE (GROOVY!)

think of it this way. Last I checked she lived in Greenwich Village in New Yorl City. I live 12 miles west of there, so I am ALWAYS 1within a 12 mile radius of her.

Shrugs.

I guess you get used to it. Hell, I could be standing outside her apartment building and not know it.

I love New York. No matter who you are, you're anonymous.

Triv


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more