A Conversation for The Kent State University Shooting of 1970

kent state

Post 1

several, a/k/a random

all's i can add is that it shook up some high school students and made THEM aware (and wary) of public officials.
the columbia university and berkeley student protests were on the East and West coasts--noone thought 'it' would happen in the midwest, where Nixon tried to base his 'silent majority' on.
the release of the song 'ohio' was a rush job, on the charts just weeks after the shootings.
and then all the lies were exposed in the public prints.
it truly was a troubled time. students didn't think they could trust the schools, their parents, really nobody but themselves....and even then, not even themselves.
smiley - musicalnote


kent state

Post 2

flyingtwinkle

untrained children students are always a soft target so those who want to target practise always choose such places as schools and hospitals


kent state

Post 3

several, a/k/a random

unfortunately, most of the Guardsmen were as young as the students and thought they were obeying their "teachers" too.
we didn't know who was gonna be a target the next time.
smiley - musicalnote


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The Kent State University Shooting of 1970

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more