A Conversation for Gloucester, Gloucestershire, UK

Cherry & Whites

Post 1

Toker

How could you fail to mention them?


Cherry & Whites

Post 2

Neil

Too true - or the double-winning Gloucestershire cricket team last year

(altogether now - Gloucestershire, la la la, Gloucestershire, la la la ...)


Cherry & Whites

Post 3

Caveman, Evil Unix Sysadmin, betting shop operative, and SuDoku addict (Its an odd mix, but someone has to do it)

Is that why they call their cheese that?

I only bring this up, because I've been trying to remember what the technical term for a large wad of cheese is during it's time maturing (given h2g2's cheese fixation over the last few days), only to go and use it in the very next sentence...


Cherry & Whites

Post 4

Phil

Are you talking about truckles? (I think that's the right word)

As for Glouscestershire cricket team, don't they play in Bristol and so are a bit out of the scope of a piece on Gloucester. The rugby certainly should be mentioned though.


Cherry & Whites

Post 5

Neil

Well, they play in Gloucester, Cheltenham and Moreton-in-the-Marsh too but I suppose mainly in Bristol.

Sorry about that smiley - winkeye


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more