Warrington, Cheshire, UK

3 Conversations

Location

Situated conveniently between Liverpool
and Manchester.

People

The enviable location gives the people of Warrington the wonderful combination of the piquant kleptomaniacal tendencies of Liverpool, and the charmingly braindead Mancunian philosophy of not knowing a bloody thing about anything.

Football

There being no Warrington FC, many Warringtonians follow the path of ovine peoples everywhere who don't live in Manchester, i.e. to support Manchester United.

Culture

Not applicable

Industry

In the great industrial heyday of the previous century, Warrington was directly on the Manchester Ship Canal, which was used by the great wire factories of Warrington. Now the main export is people trying to get away from the godawful place, and industrial parks.

One export for which Warrington should be struck from the map is Chris Evans, who originally came from Orford, a suburb which, even within Warrington, is excremental. There can be no excuse.

Escaping

The best way to escape is to get to the M6. Everywhere else on the M6 is better than Warrington, with the possible exception of Birmingham.

To get to the M6 take the A50 through Grappenhall. For god's sake don't stop.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A246755

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more