A Conversation for The Star Trek: New Frontier Books

Half Vulcan Half Romulan

Post 1

Atlantic_Cable

In one of the Star Trek movie books (it could be STII:The Wrath Of Khan), it is reported by Spock's inner monologue that Saavik (Kirstie Alley) is a half Vulcan, half Romulan and that her name is not even truely a Vulcan one.


Half Vulcan Half Romulan

Post 2

Geggs

I think I read somewhere that that is the reason that PAD decided to make Soleta half Romulan.

Actually, in the No Limits anthology one of the short stories features Soleta and Spock, and it contains a reference to Spock's wife being half Romulan as well.


Geggs


Half Vulcan Half Romulan

Post 3

Geggs

His wife being Saavik, just in case I didn't make myself clear.


Geggs


Half Vulcan Half Romulan

Post 4

HazzaTL

Vulcan & Romulan, why would that cause a problem? to me I would say they are one and the same, with the only major difference being the thousands of years spent as seperate races, as the Vulcans have lived on Vulcan, & the romulans lived on the twin planets Romulus & Remus.

So taking this fact into cinsideration, the two races would have breathed different air, eaten different food, so over time the differences in the genetics have caused the 2 races to be similar on genetic makeup, but 2 different species.

Given a few million years, the difference would have been much more aparant that it would have been nearly impossible to tell they sprung from one species.


Half Vulcan Half Romulan

Post 5

Atlantic_Cable

He married Saavik?!?

She's less than half his age!


Half Vulcan Half Romulan

Post 6

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

~*~In one of the Star Trek movie books (it could be STII:The Wrath Of Khan), it is reported by Spock's inner monologue that Saavik (Kirstie Alley) is a half Vulcan, half Romulan and that her name is not even truly a Vulcan one.~*~

YES! UNDERSTANDING!! HER BEHAVIOR MAKES SENSE NOW!!! THANK YOU!!!!

~*~Vulcan & Romulan, why would that cause a problem?~*~

There's a Starfleet Regulation that you have to report ANY known biological relation with a hostile species to Starfleet before entering the Academy. Having one lowers your chances of acceptance (I think), but if you don't report it and they find out they have grounds to discharge you from the service. (As explained in Star Trek: New Frontier.)

smiley - boing


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The Star Trek: New Frontier Books

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more