The h2g2 Post Recipe

1 Conversation

Another tasty recipe from Master B.

We would also be happy to feature your own personal favourite recipe but do remember that you should not submit anything which may be copyright. Send your suggestions or recipes to Shazz.

Chicken Khania

Much as this sounds like a curry, it is in fact nothing of the sort, being a simple little Cretan dish, that is best served with nothing better than chips and a salad.

Ingredients (per person)

  • One chicken breast/chicken supreme
  • Two spring onions
  • Half a fresh mozzarella cheese1
  • 4 thin slices of chorizo sausage

The Method

Simple! Top the chicken breast with the sliced cheese, the chopped spring onions and the chorizo slices, wrap in foil, and place in an oven pre-heated to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6 for 25 minutes. Check that the chicken is cooked through and serve still wrapped in the foil.

Variants

For those that like this sort of thing, the dish also works well with the addition of some mushrooms that have been briefly sautéed in butter. We have also found that this is particularly good (and distinctly more British) if you replace the chorizo with some briefly-fried and crumbled black pudding.

If your chicken breast is a cheap one, it will be improved no end by marinating in Worcester Sauce and olive oil beforehand.

Next Week: Chicken Tikka Balti Ceylon

The Recipe Archive

Master B

11.03.04 Front Page

Back Issue Page

1This works well with any amount of different cheeses. Halloumi is good, as is a 50/50 mixture of Emmanthal and Monterey Jack.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A2411128

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more