A Conversation for Housewarming Parties

House-Breakings

Post 1

Coza

As a variant of the more traditional and well known house parties, held when moving in and leaving the abode, I highly recommend attending at least one house-breaking party if the opportunity ever presents itself. This happy event can occur when you or someone you know has recently built an addition to an existing property or home without obtaining the proper official permissions, and subsequently been ordered to tear it down. Need I say more. Of course the serving of alcohol at such a party is optional and indeed in some cases may be unwise. A great release for closet-vandals.


House-Breakings

Post 2

Hypoman

Now that's a great opportunity for a party if ever I've heard of onesmiley - bigeyes!

I like the idea of a "house-breaking" - maybe I'm just one of those "closet vandals" you mention...! Is there scope here for an article on the vagaries of local councils...smiley - winkeye?


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Housewarming Parties

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more