A Conversation for Housewarming Parties

House Warmings

Post 1

Hypoman

H, I am a friend of Hypoman's (honestly) I am using his log in becuase I am at his HOUSE WARMING PARTY!!!!!!. and I think his statement is so cool... and so true... Anyway please tell him what you think because he needs the ego boost (Just joking) he is actually a grwat guy (with sexy arms) and I wanted to be the first to comment on his topic..... BUY... KEEP SMILING.....


House Warmings

Post 2

Kate

Hi, I'm not a friend of Kate's, I actually am Kate, but I just wanted to say that in further coincidence, I was tossing around the idea of having a housewarming party the other day. A friend of mine was suggesting it, and I found myself saying "after three months I think it's technically a house-cooling" - so Hypoman, in addition to being an all around great guy, has increased my vocabulary smiley - smiley


House Warmings

Post 3

Hypoman

I contest that interpretation of "house-cooling" [this really is Hypoman, too - Jody, I hope, is sleeping off the mother of all hangovers...!]. Our housewarming was held a good three months after I moved in, too, but I still think of it as a housewarming.

Until you've actually had a party in your house, and as long as you've no plans to leave soon, the first party you have could technically qualify as a housewarming, I think. "House-cooling", though, could probably be expanded to include that sort of colloquial use!


House Warmings

Post 4

Jody

I don't know I would still consider it a House Warming (I have lived in my house for a year and still plan to have a house warming. I would consider a House cooling is for when you are moving out of the house.


She's baaaack!

Post 5

Hypoman

Hi Jody! How'd you pull up on Sunday?

For a quick intro to h2g2, check out this place:

http://www.h2g2.com/u54963

which is the h2g2 POST - sort of our network local rag, if you like. You can link from there to all sorts of interesting people.

Do some work on that home page, too...smiley - winkeye!

Regards,

H.


She's baaaack!

Post 6

Jody

Yes, I'm back, I pulled up good on Sunday.

Thanks for the link.


She's baaaack!

Post 7

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

Hey Hypo - congrats on the acceptance. It's always fun to see an article make it long after you remember reading it!


She's baaaack!

Post 8

Hypoman

Yeah, I found this one interesting for the same reasons. All the recommended edits by the Fun Run reviewers worked out extremely well, and the only changes I recognised were minor, for which I am greatly thankful to Kate!

What's been happening of late with you, anyway Frinkaholic...smiley - bigeyes? Congratulations on the elevation to ACE - a perfect opportunity for someone like yourself, if ever there was one!


She's baaaack!

Post 9

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

Thanks Hypoman!

Since the few hours of sleep I get each night are pretty much worthless, I decided to spend that time ACEing instead. It's a fun job, although we are still new at it and trying to find our niche. Between ACEing, writing new (potential) guide entries, and keeping up with the Misfits, I have trouble remembering to feed myself, feed the dog, go to work, and so on.

Actually, before I get in trouble with PETA, I have to admit I never forget to feed the dog........PETA, not community ed. Peta smiley - smiley


She's baaaack!

Post 10

Hypoman

That must be confusing - even with the capitalisations...smiley - smiley!


This is potentially very confusing...

Post 11

Hypoman

Did you ever get around to HAVING that housewarming, house-cooling or whatever it was we compromised on calling it...?

Do tell!


This is potentially very confusing...

Post 12

Hypoman

Incidentally, Kate: not having spoken to you in a while it slipped my mind to say "happy new year"!

Happy new year!smiley - smiley


This is potentially very confusing...

Post 13

Kate

Happy New Year to you too, Hypoman! Hope the holidays were enjoyable!

No, actually, due to a really overbearing neighbor, we have sort of a party-free zone going on. More than three people in the apartment and we get a complaint...fun, eh? Needless to say I'll be moving again soon enough...not as a direct result of the neighbor, she just tipped the scale in that direction. smiley - winkeye


This is potentially very confusing...

Post 14

Hypoman

Sympathies are extended.smiley - sadface I've never lived in a neighbourhood that featured those sorts of people.

Good luck with the moving problem, but do not settle for a party-free zone: you deserve better. We are lucky ourselves in that our neighbours are far enough away, and the house itself self-contained enough, that we can pretty much do what we like. At the moment our biggest problems are, in order, picking up all the fruit that's falling on the ground from our garden's fruit trees, and mowing the lawn.smiley - winkeye

New year's was great, and I shall hopefully be in a position to post some photographs of the event within a month or two, as soon as I can secure the photos I want, and the scanner to digitize them.


Opening up "House Warmings" again

Post 15

Hapo

I'm planning my next housewarming party at the moment. It will be held in a week. Last time was a little more than year ago when we succeeded to organise quite a nice event. It started from my previous place where a frind of mine moved in. So we combined these two parties. We invited all the people over to my old place (21 m2) and had the first drinks etc. in there. Then we had organised a bus transportation to the quests to my new place (1.5 km away from the first one). Then we still continued to one underground club in the night. It went fíne and I'm looking forward to the next week.

Now there are a little over one hundred invitees. Some fifty of them have already notified that they are coming. We have a theme: ADVENTURE. So everyone has a role as an adventurer and they have to be dressed according to that and have good stories to tell about their adventures. There are quite interesting characteristics coming over.

Maybe I give you a little report afterwards.

Anyone have ideas what to do during the event. Maybe we break something, but hopefully not the whole apartment... smiley - winkeye


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Housewarming Parties

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more