Peregrin's Fables - The wolf and the horse

1 Conversation


Once upon a time there was a wolf named Herbert. He was wandering around one day and came across a field where he saw a horse. The horse (named Kevin) was a very large and obviously powerful stallion.
The wolf looked at the horse and thought, 'Now there is a seriously powerful animal. That horse is the kind of animal I would like to have as a friend. A very useful ally.'

So the wolf sat down and figured out how to get on good terms with the horse. He had an idea, and went up to the horse.

The wolf said, 'Ahem, excuse me. I was just passing and saw you munching on this tough grass. It doesn't look very, well, digestable, so I thought I would do you a favour. You see that field?' He guestured towards a nearby field which had some prime corn, luscious green grass, beautiful turnips and a steaming plate of hot, fresh asparagus tips.

'I would like to give that field to you. For free. Eat what you like,' the wolf smiled, 'no obligation.'

'Oh yeah?' said the powerful horse, 'but why would a wolf like you own a field like that? It's not yours to give, buddy. Now beat it.' The horse went back to his munching.

This angered the wolf, and he attacked the horse, going straight for the neck. The horse screamed in rage and reared up, kicking the wolf one in the face. With his skull stove in horribly, the wolf choked to death, and fell over, crushing a small field mouse who happened to be passing. Called Gerald.


The moral of this story is: Don't attack people or animals bigger than you.Previous fable - The Dog and the Bone
Next fable - The Fox and the Grapes

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A214264

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more