A Conversation for The Goon Show

Goon Show

Post 1

Researcher 202131

I am trying to purchase the "Goon Show" episodes on audio cassette but can only seem to find them in CD format. Can anyone advise a web site where I can buy these ON LINE. I need them urgently as I am departing for a long break in South America and want to have the prospect of some humour with at all times.


Goon Show

Post 2

Jeffery the hyper-intelligent guitar

You may find such pieces of cassettual humour in your local Borders. Or maybe Virgin or something or Smiths my girlfriend just said... so there ya go... search and be happy... or you could try using the BBC website. Or your local BBC radio station... they usually have a selling place in them.

Needle Nardle Noo


Goon Show

Post 3

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

Bantam Doubleday had the contract for some of the cassette versions.


Goon Show

Post 4

Researcher 200662

Harrods


Goon Show

Post 5

dasilva

The BBC Shop online!


Goon Show

Post 6

Jeffery the hyper-intelligent guitar

I located some cassets at MVC... so anywhere!


Goon Show

Post 7

dasilva

There have been various releases over recent years - also a good place to scour may be your local library!

EMI also released a series of cassettes/CDs thought it's worth noting their version has the Geldray/Ellington musical interludes taken out!!!


Goon Show

Post 8

Researcher 224528

Just as a small word of warning ...

I've been into the Goons for about 15 years now, and my collection of shows continues to grow. BEWARE - I've got around 100 at the moment, and there are still lots to go. Do not, under any circumstances, do as I did and listen to them for 16 hours a day, 7 days a week - it's like taking several pan-galactic gargle blasters intravenously! (But it's worth it!)

Good hunting - hope you find lots!


Goon Show

Post 9

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

It also changes the way you talk.


Goon Show

Post 10

dasilva


Whatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhat?

Changes the way you talk, you say?

I don't wish to know that! smiley - biggrin


Goon Show

Post 11

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

You have the audacity and the audicity to say that to my face?


Goon Show

Post 12

dasilva


You're the one who deads me every week aren't you?


Goon Show

Post 13

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

Moriarty, take this photo of a bowl of soup and have it reheated.


Goon Show

Post 14

dasilva


*ding*


Goon Show

Post 15

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

Let's turn on the horseless-type wireless and see what it says!

*BRRP*
This is the Neen O'clock Noise. Turn off that horseless-type wireless!


Goon Show

Post 16

dasilva


For those with DAB or can recieve OneWord Digital Radio (Sattelite/Freeview TV or online)

5pm tonight - "A Bluffer's Guide to Spike Milligan"


Goon Show

Post 17

YukonWolf

Mnk, stop this modern type talking Min.

I'm now on a mission to convert the population of Yukon to Goon fans. It will be a great day when you can walk down Main Street and hear "Ying tong iddle i po, needle nardle noo and remember you've got to go Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww."

It's all in the mind you know.


Goon Show

Post 18

dasilva


There, there - have a picture of Queen Victoria smiley - cheerup


Goon Show

Post 19

YukonWolf

Ah yes, without those pictures of Queen Victoria where would the Empire be today?


Goon Show

Post 20

dasilva


I always thought it was in Leicester Square? smiley - erm


Key: Complain about this post