Announcements

0 Conversations


If you would like to have an Announcement displayed on this page, please note the new submission e-mail address for Announcements, at the bottom of the page.

Upcoming and Proposed Meets

This Weekend!

East Midlands Mini-Meet

This weekend is the East Midlands Mini-Meet! You can find the official planning page here. It takes place this Saturday, the 15th November, at 1pm at Derby's Brunswick Inn. There are eleven prospective attendees and more would be welcome!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The First Official Ireland Meet

This has been scheduled to take place on 22nd November, 2003. All those interested in attending should drop by
the Official Ireland Meet page to
find out more and sign up!

The Scottish St Andrews Day Meet 2003

Otherwise known as SAD GIT. They're at it again! The next Scottish meet is set for 29th November, 2003 and will take place in Glasgow. All the relevant (and some irrelevant) details can be found on this page.

Christmas 2003 London Meet

Preparations for the London Christmas meet are taking place over at The Unofficial h2g2 Christmas Party 2003 page. This year looks as if it is an 'unofficial' affair; as the Italics are now diminished in number, so the 'community' has taken up the challenge of 'organising' it. Researches have begun signing up in the threads off the entry - 35 definites and 9 possibles so far. Currently the date is the 10th January, no venues or activities are yet fixed, but suggestions for both are welcome.

Micro-Meets

The purpose of this Entry is to provide a Zone for Researchers to inform each other of their free time and movements so that they can hopefully find out when and where all or some of them can meet up in the future with the minimum of inconvenience to enjoy each other's company out there in the real world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Announcements

Cat lovers (and cats) unite! The Feline Mercenary Army, run by Cat-Eyes, is now in business! Talk about your favourite felines, and enjoy everything cat-like. Join today and get a free smiley - mouse or smiley - fish!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Are things getting you down? Are you just drifting through life? If so, visit the Generic Psyche-me-up Forum run by Marvin the Paranoid Android. This is a place where people who are feeling low on motivation can get fired up with positive affirmations from others. Go, go, go!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Are you a fan of car racing? Then join the (un)official h2g2 Formula One Supporters' Club! Support your favourite driver or team, and get the latest F1 news, rumours, and gossip!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two new approaches to helping out the writers of h2g2 have recently been established:
The Royal h2g2 Geographical Entry Society and
The Royal H2G2 Historians Society

They encourage entries on history and geography to be written, and endeavor to keep the quality and help the authors in the process.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As highlighted in this Post article, The Big Read - h2g2 Edition is now open for business and asking you to vote for your favourite book out of the shortlist of 21.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The newly re-tuned h2g2 Radio Stationis now open for business. Studio 1 houses Little Miss Naughty - h2g2's latest Agony Aunt - whilst over in Studio 2 you can leave a random quote.

Conversation encouraged on all aspects of music from Rock 'n
Roll to the 80s - or suggest your own category!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clubs

The (un)official Formula One supporters' club

This is somewhere where Formula One fans can get together to talk about Formula One motor racing, and keep updated with the latest news and results.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

h2g2 Climate Prediction Group

This group of researchers are all running a distributed computing 'climate prediction model' utilizing the spare processing power of their computers. The aim is to improve the climate models currently used by scientists, and hence come up with better answers as to what we, as a people on our one small planet, need to do about global warming. Run by GreyDesk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moon Moaners

This is a society for those who wish to complain that Jupiter has more moons than we have which has recently been formed by Toy Box

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Links

The Post Links Page points you towards the best of h2g2. Everything from information and campaigns to eating and drinking venues, virtual lands or clubs.

The Post Archives are a repository for all things Post related. Divided into easy-to-use categories, they get bigger at a frightening pace. Well worth a visit, whether to re-read a favourite article or catch up on something you missed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All entries for this feature should be mailed to [email protected]

13.11.03 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A2031481

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more