A Conversation for Complexity Theory

Are we the living proof?

Post 21

Nilchii

The big bang: did it spring from nothingness? If not, what did it spring from? Did it spring or spread? What is your cosmogony?

Mine appears a couple of posts up if you want a starting point.


Are we the living proof?

Post 22

Si

Whether it sprang from nothingness or not, it wasn't a system until it had sprung. Not in any useful sense of the word, anyhow.


Silliness

Post 23

Whammy

Silly: 1 orig., a) simple; plain; innocent b) feeble; infirm; helpless. 2 having or showing little sense, judgement or sobriety. 3 frivolous or trivial. Syn: SILLY implies ridiculous or irrational behavior. STUPID implies slow-witted or lacking intelligence. FATUOUS implies inaneness or obtuseness coupled with a smug complacency. ASININE implies extreme stupidity usually associated with an ass. See also Absurd.

Clearly a complex subject deserving of a chaotic theory of it's own! Silliness Theory... has a nice ring to it. Anything that can be so intricately bound to chaos yet remain pure, can retain a uniqueness while merging seamlessly with complexity, or can stand alone as a subject in and of itself, cannot be considered merely a technical terminology variant to complexity.

Silliness is clearly a subject (artform?) of it's own and deserves the same recognition as any other abstract form of simple, plain, innocent, feeble, infirm, helpless, ridiculous, irrational, slow-witted, unintelligent, inane, obtuse, smugly complacent, extremely stupid, asinine behavior.

To think otherwise would be utterly silly.




Silliness

Post 24

Wandering Ghu

That has to be one of the most sensible postings we've seen.


Are we the living proof?

Post 25

Nilchii

A) We don't actually know whether it was a system prior to springing (since the spring itself is something of a mystery)...

B) In an earlier post you claim that you can't make a system out of nothing. If prior to the big bang there was nothingness, and following the big bang there was a system, where did the system come from?


Silliness

Post 26

Whammy

Sensible?

Don't be silly.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more