A Conversation for Defenestration

The most famous defensestration

Post 1

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

Don't forget to give a mention of the Defenstration at Prague, the most useful defenestration in all history, when a local baron threw out two church officials that were wasting valuable space.


The most famous defensestration

Post 2

Lochangel

This is one of my favourite points in history - 20th Century direct action is weak by comparison! smiley - smiley


The most famous defensestration

Post 3

Sumogirl

Isn't defenestration the preferred method of ousting leaders in Prague? The castle has such nice windows from which to through a president, or dissentor out of.


The most famous defensestration

Post 4

WowbaggerTIP

20th century direct action is a contradiction in terms.


The most famous defensestration

Post 5

Rob McKenzie

The way I heard it was that the Protestants threw the Catholics out of a second story window.


The most famous defensestration

Post 6

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

The local baron was a Protestant, and the two church officials represented the Catholic Church, so you are correct, in a way. As I recall, though, the baron wasn't terribly motivated so much by religious differences, he just had no use for Catholics (and in that age, who did?).


The most famous defensestration

Post 7

James loves you baby

Yep, it was the second storey -- 70 ft to be precise. I never found out whether the Papal legates survived though.


The most famous defensestration

Post 8

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

The way I read it, they fell into a pile of manure, and survived well enough, with only their overpowering pride injured. Don't quote me on that, however.


Key: Complain about this post