A Conversation for Sleep

Driving sans sleep

Post 1

Thunderguts

Well, I have an educational story here. Once I had to do an essay in school about a book. I did not get a hold of that particular book until about 20:00, and in desperate attempt at not failing the essay exam I crammed all through the night. I showed up at school around 10 in the AM having stayed awake for a whooping 26 hours straight. I wrot the essay around 15:00 and it was the most dreadful essay in the world. And for some reason it concentrated on a pair of snow flakes (the book was Smilla's sense for snow).
A friend of mine and me decided then to take a drive to the nearest coffe place and for some strange reason I was driving. We had gone about fifty or so yards when I noticed that there was a little ticket stuck to the wiper blade, in my disorientated state I decided to turn the wipers on and catch the little ticket while driving.
The next thing that happened was that my friend screamed, I looked out of the window and saw that I was driving straight into two parked cars, I swerved sharply to the right and voilá scraped the bumbers off them both. My excuse to the insurance agency was that I was trying to avoid hitting a cat.

There is probably a moral to this story but I for one am just babbling away to let people notice that I exist, so why don't you pop over for a visit to Thunderguts and say a friendly hello?

Lord Humphrey 'Thunderguts' Dagenhurt


Driving sans sleep

Post 2

Ally

Okay that has to be the largest posting on a forum I have EVER seen.

Although I am sure that some other smart alec will be able to tell me that there is a longer one. smiley - fish


Driving sans sleep

Post 3

Thunderguts

What? Me indulging in shameless self promotion? padding my posting with inane chatter? I never!

Lord Humphrey


Driving sans sleep

Post 4

Ally

No need to sound ashamed. Waffling is one of my best tactics! If you babble for long enough, people will talk to you, even if it only to tell you to shut up


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more