A Conversation for Denmark

2 minor corrections:

Post 1

Aiee

Culture:

The general public assumes that the danish queen has no real power. This is, however, not the case. Since it is required by danish law that the queen must appoint each of the ministers before they can assume their office, the danish queen is theoretically capable of preventing a new government after an election. While practicing said power would probably lead to a change in the danish law, she still posses(es?) the capability of denying an elected individual the right (or privilege, depending on how you look at it) to assume his office.

Living:

The publication you refer to, I beleive, is the june 1998 issue (I may have the months messed up, but I'm pretty sure it was the summer of 98) of National geographic, by the name of 'Civilized Denmark'. I remember this because, to be hones, the summer of 98 was *really* boring, and everyone made quite a fuss about it. Oh, and said article missed several important negative aspects od Denmark, but I won't go there.


Key: Complain about this post

2 minor corrections:

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more