Places to Sleep in Hearst, Ontario

2 Conversations

Hearst is on Hwy 11 about 1000 km northwest of Toronto, and 250 kms west of Timmins. It contains 96% french people if your into that sort of thing. Here are two of free places to crash which I've slept at.

The first one is the 24 hour Esso where they have a trucker lounge with couches and when you get kicked out of there (since your not a trucker) you can sleep in the attached restaurant. On a side note I've slept in the parking lot in front of The Beer Store which is next to the Esso. I dont recommand it because its cold and the Beer Store owner shoos you away at 730. We only slept there cause we didnt know that the Esso had a seating area in it. Also any other anglophone will ask you for weed in the Esso. You can also see Veitnam vet truckers show off thier war wounds.

The second less glamouros spot is the parking lot at 34 Rousse Street which has hella old school buses for treeplanters- you'll have a choice of 6 or 7. To get there go east from the Esso and take the first left it'll be a ways cause of the damn train tracks. Then you take the second right which should be Rousse and keep on walking. The library will have maps and one dollar an hour for the internet. There is a new park on the way so you could sleep there. Watch out for good looking French teenaged girls picking weedy flowers for you at 3 in the morning. Oh there is a bench acroos from the Post Office which is a block south of the Queen's Hotel strip club at George and 9th.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A16765167

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more