A Conversation for Coffee

coffee poison.

Post 1

Mary

the addition of anything other than alcohol to coffee is poison. people who add sugar and/or cream should not be allowed to even order/buy,attempt or make coffee. and to my way of thinking should be escorted out of the gene pool.


coffee poison.

Post 2

Someone You Know(GrandHighMaster Of All Things Unsanitary And In Need Of A Good Clean Before The Neighbours Come Round)

The addition of sugar to coffee is indeed poison. However you are rather narrow minded in your coffee cosumption and should experiment by adding new, inovative ingredients. Boldly go where no coffee drinker has gone before and reach caffine levels that would kill a normal man/woman. Smite the unbelievers with instant De-caffe! Go forth and filter!!


coffee poison.

Post 3

schweini

well - read somewhere that caffeine's main effect depends on the mobilisation of sugar in our bodies - and since people tend to have a relativly low sugar-level in the morning, adding sugar actually increases/permits the effect of caffeine.

(i've heard of some people who actually drink coffee for the effect, and not the taste)


coffee poison.

Post 4

furtim - Zaphodista Sympathiser

People who drink coffee not for the taste?

Heretics!

Can you believe that some people feel that espresso is too strong? I will never understand these people.


coffee poison.

Post 5

Someone You Know(GrandHighMaster Of All Things Unsanitary And In Need Of A Good Clean Before The Neighbours Come Round)

Espresso can never be too strong. personally I frequently make my espresso machine explode because of the amount of coffee I cram into It


coffee poison.

Post 6

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I greatly impressed a programmer friend a couple of years back by putting two sachets of "instant cappuccino" into a large mug, then making it up with strong filter coffee which had evaporated to 2/3rds its original volume in the pot. Yummy... smiley - coffeesmiley - ok


coffee Heaven.

Post 7

Someone You Know(GrandHighMaster Of All Things Unsanitary And In Need Of A Good Clean Before The Neighbours Come Round)

I once crmmed so much coffee into my espresso machine it exploded. That was good coffee.


coffee Heaven.

Post 8

furtim - Zaphodista Sympathiser

I still fondly remember my first coffee experience.

Ah, yes... my friend was brewing. And he screwed it up. Oh, but for the best, I assure you! Yup, that stuff was blacker than the dead of night. Strong, strong coffee. And I don't like hot stuff, so I naturally had to let it sit for a while before drinking. Had about 3 cups of COLD, strong-as-Hell coffee.

It was bitter as Hell, but that's one thing I've actually come to like about coffee. The bitterness is a refreshing change from my usual beverages, those being milk and iced tea. Strong espresso and sweet desserts seem to go together especially well.

Which begs a new topic. What, if anything, do you like to eat when you drink coffee?


coffee Heaven.

Post 9

Pete, never to have a time-specific nick again (Keeper of Disambiguating Semicolons) - Born in the Year of the Lab Rat

Germans like cake. I'm surprised the traditional "Kaffee und Kuchen" wasn't mentioned here.

Iced tea? Now *that* is sacrilege.


coffee Heaven.

Post 10

furtim - Zaphodista Sympathiser

If iced tea is sacrilige, may I be burned as a heretic!


coffee Heaven.

Post 11

schweini

no.

you'd expect us to burn you, and noone expects the spanish inquisition.

M.


Key: Complain about this post