A Conversation for Coffee

Instant Coffee Powder

Post 1

S.R.A.H.

I love coffee even though I was the one responsible for the vacuum being installed (Article A68276). Personnaly, I prefer freeze-dried as I have absolutely NO idea how they make it.


Instant Coffee Powder

Post 2

Researcher 55245

You really don't want to know.

And as for decaf!

And people drink it because it's 'healthy'!

Actually freeze dried is better than instant as the coffee beans are brewed and the liquor is sprayed up into a cooling tower where they freeze iinto granules.

Instant on the other hand is sprayed onto a hot drum and the liquor is scorched dry...


Instant Coffee Powder

Post 3

Pip

Scorch dried smiley - sadface YUK! No wonder I don't like instant.

I think I've mentioned it before but at the risk of repeating myself .... Any dried coffee, instant or freeze dried, tastes better if you don't use boiling water. Be patient and let the kettle cool for a couple of minutes first, otherwise a lot of the essential oils in the coffee evaporate and leave you with just a bitter tasteless brew that scalds your mouth.

Pip


Instant Coffee Powder

Post 4

Frizzychick

I always found that instant coffee tasted 'better' if I put the milk in first. I guess that might be explained by the boiling water/scorched coffee idea. Thanks for giving me a justification for my previously-thought irrational behaviour.


Instant Coffee Powder

Post 5

Cannon Fodder

Decaf? I know that there are 2 ways to decaffienate beans: wash them in chemicals or water.

I believe that most now use the water (healthy) method.

If you have a list of bad ones ... please tell the team.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more