A Conversation for Coffee

Amaretto Almond

Post 1

Rob

Last year (to the day in fact) I was sat at the end of Pier 39 in San Fransisco, bathing in glorious sunlight and drinking one of the world's best cops of coffee - freshly ground amaretto almond from the San Fransisco Tea & Coffee Co.

Anyway, my parents were in Frisco recently and go me some more of the stuff to grind in my grinder (a brilliant Christmas present from my wife last year). I can now enjoy this taste of heaven at home for a limited period.

Unfortunately, this coffee is not easily available here. As someone who drinks my coffee as God intended (black with nothing in it) I get annoyed when the only way I can get flavoured coffee is by having some sickly syrup added to it.

So, does anyone know of a good purveyor of flavoured coffee beans here in London or the UK?

Oh, and why does coffee taste foul from plastic cups?


Amaretto Almond

Post 2

Argon0 (50 and feeling it - back for a bit)

There is a small shop in the Victoria BR Mall which does flavoured coffee - Its part of a chain - Whittard's I think(?). There is also one in the Whitgift Centre in Croydon.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more