A Conversation for Coffee

De-caffeinated coffee?

Post 1

Wrinkled Rocker

I cannot imagine any valid reason to de-caffeinate this delicious beverage.
Firstly, I don't know how it's done (evil chemical companies, no-doubt). Secondly, I don't know why it's done.
Is this like brewing low-alchohol beer or non-alchoholic Champagne?

Personally, I think it's rather like wearing a condom without having sex!


De-caffeinated coffee?

Post 2

Jools

I take it you've never drunk nuclear-strength Italian coffee while suffering from a low caffeine tolerance - hyper for half an hour, but then feeling hung over for the rest of the day... however, having tried some high quality decaf, it's nothing like as good as real coffee... the only way I could make it taste any good was to add scotch smiley - winkeye.


De-caffeinated coffee?

Post 3

furtim - Zaphodista Sympathiser

If ever you find yourself in a place with very strong coffee and you don't want to wuss out and drink decaf, just make sure you get lots of Vitamin C and sugar. Caffeine basically works by speeding up your metabolism, so if you supplement it with other sources of energy, you should be able to avoid that coffee hangover.

I think. I've never experienced a caffeine hangover before (even when Starbucks was giving me free coffe), so I dunno.


De-caffeinated coffee?

Post 4

Researcher 211099

Hi,

Decafe Coffee. There are reasons why people drink decafe coffee. I used to think decafe was pointless. Until I almost had an ulcer and was told by my doctor to avoid caffine at all costs. So i still go to coffee shops with friends, but I order decafe.

When i consume coffee in the late afternoon, i tend to stay up until 1 a.m. or 2 a.m.- not very helpful if I have a meeting at 8:30 the next morning. Mixing decafe and regular coffee dilutes the coffee.

Overall, having large amounts of caffine is generally not good for one's health. Not to mention the addiction.





De-caffeinated coffee?

Post 5

mykol-tj

Why not just take some mud from the garden and mix it with some hot water - similar effect to de-caf
What a waste of time
Surely the point is the "kick"


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more