Earth

1 Conversation

Harmless,


Well, Mostly Harmless.

Okay, perhaps not quite that harmless, the Earth is the third planet out from the Star known by Earth's inhabitants as either Sol or The Sun, at a distance of roughly 92 million miles. Sol itself is located within a sleepy backwater of the western spiral arm of the galaxy.


Although Earth is a bit out the way, and it's backwards inhabitants have barely managed to leave their own atmosphere, that doesn't mean that you shouldn't visit this planet, it is a unique chance to view a nuclear age planet that hasn't blown itself to oblivion, however there may still be a chance of this in the near future.


The planet has more to offer to the average Hitch Hiker, for instance you could visit one of the planets major cities, like New York or London or one of it's major natural features, like the Grand Canyon, or Ayres Rock.

As a traveller you often meet people from different cultures, and the earth is a wonderful chance to meet many different cultures, with hundreds of nations and cultures spread over the surface of this planet.

If you can only make it to one planet this year, try the earth. You should note that since earth is off the normal space lanes transport can be difficult to come by, so try to arrange return transport before travelling, several hiker's who haven't have been stranded on the Earth for several years, so you might want to announce that you're arriving to give those stranded a chance to hitch a ride back.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A16570

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more