A Conversation for Guinness

guinness cocktails

Post 1

gyllzd

does anyone know any other mixes with guinness other than black and tan? ive heard cider's good or ribena apparently, but i'm not sure about that one


guinness cocktails

Post 2

jimtim

The only proper Irish coctail i've heard of is a pint of Guinness with a potato in it.


guinness cocktails

Post 3

Researcher 740739

My girlfriend's mum says she can only drink Guinness if she puts spirits in it. Apparently a double Tia Maria is the thing, but I havent't tried it yet.


guinness cocktails

Post 4

Frito_McGee

There is a thing called Guinness Punch. I mix a bit of sweet cream (or sweet milk), an egg, some cinnamon, and some nutmeg. It's a bit easier to drink on those who don't like the taste of stout beer. However, I like Guinness the way it comes.

A Gift from God, Guinness is.


guinness cocktails

Post 5

crawlingChaos

I've heard vaguely of something called a Black Velvet (I think) which is equal parts Guinness and Champagne.

Also a Black and Blue which is (again, IIRC) Guinness and blackcurrant cordial


There is of course the variety of car bombs (Bailey's irish creme and Irish Whiskey being the only ones I'd ever think of drinking. Jaeger bombs , well..up to you) But I dont think those really count as cocktails


guinness cocktails

Post 6

clzoomer- a bit woobly

I've had a *Black Death* or twelve and at least the hangover lives up to the name. An ounce of Irish Whiskey poured into a pint of Guinness. What were they thinking?

smiley - stout
smiley - cheers
smiley - stout
smiley - cheers
smiley - stout
smiley - cheers
smiley - stout
smiley - cheers

smiley - hangover


guinness cocktails

Post 7

Evil_Duncan

Yeah I've heard of Black Velvet. Equal parts Guinness and Champagne.

Also, I spent a happy summer when I finished school drinking what we called a poor man's Black Velvet which is equal parts Guinness and dry cider. It tasted gorgeous, but as I remember it had a seriously detrimental effect on my poor teenaged self.


guinness cocktails

Post 8

hairyjedi

The cider ribena mix is a SnakeBite and Black, as opossed to a standard snakebite of lage, cider and ribena. Guiness is also good with whisky as a nice winter warmer at the end of a night to keep you warm on the way home.


guinness cocktails

Post 9

Evil_Duncan

I always thought snakebite was just lager and cider and snakebite and black was lager, cider and blackcurrant cordial. Surely cider and blackcurrant (or Ribena) is just cider and black.


guinness cocktails

Post 10

CombeineHarvesterOfSorrow

Guinness Cocktails are wrong and evil. Have a whiskey on the side instead.


guinness cocktails

Post 11

Mat

True, a Black Velvet is a complete waste of Guiness.


Key: Complain about this post