A Conversation for A Welcome and Thank You Message from Douglas Adams

A small request to Mr Adams

Post 1

Tetsab

Dear Douglas Adams,

Firstly, many thanks for making the "Guide" a reality... almost! Just need to get the interpanetary bit going, and we are there. I often think it likely that the Universe is probably going to be a lot more like what is found in your writings than in more "scientific" works.

As for my request....

I live with a lovely lady named Wendy, a great fan of yours, whose birthday comes around on Hallowe'en. This year she will achieve the age of.. yes you've guessed... 42!!!!
For a long time we have been composing a list of people who we would really like to encounter in a pub for a few drinks. You were one of the very first names to go on it... and I was wondering...
We live in Wadhurst, East Sussex, and our local pub is also a motel; I would obviously be delighted to pay for a room and a few(-ish) drinks if you were able to help me in this enterprise!!!
The best way to make contact would be via another ISP which I tend to use, and she does not -- e-mail [email protected]

Yours hopefully

Nick


A small request to Mr Adams

Post 2

Abi

Dear Tetsab

On Douglas's behalf can I say thank you for your kind invitation. Douglas is currently living and working in Santa Barbara on the film version of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, so I am afraid that he will not be able to attend.

Best wishes
Abi


A small request to Mr Adams

Post 3

Ventrical

Okay so how about the week after?!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more