A Conversation for Introduction to the Internet 1

hahahahahahaha

Post 1

The Dancing Tree

Hahahahahaha

"MicroSoft FrontPage gets better every year"

Hahahahahahahahaha (wheeze)

Funniest thing I've heard in ages.

I assume everyone's heard about the MASSIVE security holes that the MSFP extensions leave by now? A hacker's delight.

"Better every year!"

Hahahahahahahaha ...

(sounds of sub-ed being sedated)

Mmppff.


hahahahahahaha

Post 2

Anonymouse

*takes up the roar of laughter* (which sounds kind of silly with mouse-heehees. smiley - winkeye


hahahahahahaha

Post 3

bludragon, aka the Dragon Queen of Damogran

*CRASH * THUD * CRASH * THUMP * CRASH *
(sounds of dragon rolling on floor holding sides)

hahahaha *choke* hahahaha

MS hahahahaha Front hahahahahahahaha PAGE????? getting better???

*coff* *choke* *sputter*

you mean someone taught it how to write non-propriatary code?


hahahahahahaha

Post 4

Anonymouse

*holds breath* You call *snicker* that *choke* ... code?

*breaks back into laughter*


hahahahahahaha

Post 5

bludragon, aka the Dragon Queen of Damogran

*gasp*

*sputter*

No...*ha ha* I never called that *hee hee* 'code'

It's just what Bill wants you to THINK is code...

*wipes tears of laughter from eyes*

*gasps for breath*


hahahahahahaha

Post 6

Anonymouse

*teehee* .. No no... *ahem* *giggle* Bill does't want *hahahahah* you to *pant* -think-! *bwaaaaaaahahahahahaha*


hahahahahahaha

Post 7

bludragon, aka the Dragon Queen of Damogran

oh, dear *gasp*

YOu mean unless it's HIS way of thinking, HIS code, HIS browser, HIS os, HIS world?

*coff, coff*

Oh, stop. The laughing hurts. *hee, hee, hee, hee, hee*

This is the first time I ever had a GOOD time discussing Bill.

*ha*

*ha, ha, ha*

*HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....*

I think I need to be sedated, too...


hahahahahahaha

Post 8

Anonymouse

*falls to the floor (which isn't really very far, considering) and rolls around*


hahahahahahaha

Post 9

Fruitbat (Eric the)

Wow! As a dedicated Mac user I've only heard stories about FrontPage...and they appear to be true!
What a relief to know that BBEdit works properly and really well.

Fruitbat


hahahahahahaha

Post 10

bludragon, aka the Dragon Queen of Damogran

Now THERE'S a serious html editor. 'Course you gotta know how to code to use it.

Not for wysiwyg wimps.


hahahahahahaha

Post 11

The Dancing Tree

PageSpinner is also good for Mac, and WepPadPro for PC.


hahahahahahaha

Post 12

Freud, Cugel, and other weirdos all in one

I've always used some Notepad kind of thing to code HTML, at least you know who wrote all those bad tags then. Nowadays I use Ultraedit which has this nice syntax coloring thing included. I don't think I will use Frontpage anytime soon, the best you can say about that one is that it keeps getting bigger (like all Micro$ software).


hahahahahahaha

Post 13

Anonymouse

Best editor I've found if you're stuck in BGH*ll is PFE (Programmer's File Editor) ... And I hate to admit it, but I did start html with a wysiwyg editor.. NS, no less .. *blush* .. Still... it's the best for those who want to make a page but have NO idea how to do it. At least they can see what they're doing as the go with the least amount of instructions....

....PS....

Sorry for all the dots... smiley - winkeye


hahahahahahaha (PS)

Post 14

Anonymouse

... and for all the typos. smiley - winkeye


hahahahahahaha

Post 15

Slacker

Here's something to think about.

I have a B.Sc. in Computer Science. I can program in C, C++, Pascal, Modula-2, occam, prolog, pop-11, awk/sed, 68k/6502/80x86/ARM assembler. I have worked on projects that contain over 750,000 lines of source code.

And I still prefer to use a wysiwyg HTML editor. Why? Because I don't see why I should have to know the ins and outs of table definitions, etc. ad nauseum.

Now, I'd prefer it if there was a decent wysiwyg HTML editor available - but this seems not to be the case. There are quite a few other people who feel the same way. This does not make them wimps.

In fact, I always find it somewhat amusing that people demonstrate their technical ability, or think they're "hard", because they know how to write HTML tags.

FWIW, I know most of the usual HTML tags too, but I try to avoid them, for the same reason most people tried to avoid using WordPerfect in the "show codes" mode.

Just a thought.

Tim smiley - smiley


hahahahahahaha

Post 16

Anonymouse

C'mon now... you don't really consider HTML 'code' do you?? smiley - winkeye

(I haven't programmed since the COBOL/BASIC days. smiley - winkeye)


Woohoo! A WordPerfect Reference!

Post 17

Dandelion Pegleen

Eek! I declare myself to be a flag-waving, card-carrying, bra-burning WordPerfect Whiz! I first used WordPerfect 5.1 for DOS back in 1990 and I've used every version since. I ALWAYS work with my codes ON! It gives you such control and you can see PRECISELY what you're doing!

I'll calm down now and back quietly out of the forum - no rotten vegetables or flames, please, I'm leaving peaceably! (hee hee) smiley - smiley


Woohoo! A WordPerfect Reference!

Post 18

Anonymouse

I happened to like WordPerfect... last time I used it was in '86-'88 so I don't know what version it was... But then.. I liked ED in VAX, too, so... smiley - winkeye


hahahahahahaha

Post 19

The Dancing Tree

Well, I'm a web designer and I always code raw.

It's not 'cos I think I'm hard, or particularly clever, but because it gives me full control over what I am doing. Only GoLive even comes close to this and even then it puts redundant tags all over the place and also has problems with CSS recommendations.


wimps

Post 20

bludragon, aka the Dragon Queen of Damogran

What makes wysiwyg html editor users 'wimps' is the part when they refuse to try and understand bad code/good code/propriatary code/etc. When they say things like Netscape is a 'bad' browser cause it doesnt display like IE does, without understanding the differences.[BAD browser, BAD browser -- shame on you] smiley - winkeye

I would like a nice wysiwyg program that works well, too. They ARE easier. But there is a point when anyone writing html will need to know how to hand code to get the results they need. It is only 'wimpy' if you ignore this. I too, started to compose web pages using Netscape Composer [it was simply Netscape Navigator 'Gold' back then]. But I quickly learned that I could do a better job if I learned what was going on. I also find that html editors create as many problems as they solve, especially for those who DONT know html.

I'm not smart enough to write anything in what could be called a programming language. And I would only consider myself wimpy if I needed to learn and refused to. I learned dos commands when I had to, and didnt whine, even though it seemed sorta convoluted and obscure after using a Macintosh. So I guess it is a matter of wimpy is as wimpy does.

An' I agree with Dandilion Pegleen 'bout using 'show codes' in a word processor. I like 'em.

but I gotta go back to the original thought of this thread: Front Page getting better?
*hee hee, snicker, snicker*
*she laughs quietly behind her paw*


Key: Complain about this post