A Conversation for Trousers versus Pants

Pants V. Boxers

Post 1

Anzie

To add a new angle to the pants discussion I would like to bring in the Pants Versus Boxers conundrum. Is the common 'Pant' really more comfortable than the slightly more trendy 'Boxer short'? I have heard from those who favour boxer shorts that pants are just too restrictive, too tight, and far too likely to give one that sweaty unpleasant feeling which comes from fabric too close to the skin, but how can they be right when so many men still favour the pant option? Many say there is an age barrier, that older men prefer the closed-in pant, and younger men prefer that 'swing-free' feeling which only a pair of boxer shorts can provide. I have found this to be untrue. As an 18 year old female I have discussed these ideas with my male associates of a like age, plus those of a slightly older vintage. Although there are a few more older men who favour the pant over the boxer short, there is still a large number of younger men who instead of making what some would term 'the right choice', choose pants as their favourite option. So boys, what do you prefer? Lets clear this up once and for all; pants or boxers, what's it to be? Oh, and girls, what do you like to see on your modern man? I myself am a boxers girl, I find the pants option just a little too wienerish, but hey, that's just me!


Pants V. Boxers

Post 2

Demon Drawer

Well I have whittled out any sign of pants in my collection over the last 14 years. So boxers all the way, some are lycra though for gym use and running etc, but the rest all it all to dangle freely and breathe. v. important the breathing bit.


Pants V. Boxers

Post 3

Anzie

Didn't know that stuff had a respiratory system......you learn something new every day...


Pants V. Boxers

Post 4

Mardi Gra

Stuff pants and boxers: going commando is the way forward. It's far more comfortable than the other options, provided you're not wearing trousers with a metal zip (ouch!). Free and easy, and that's the message you send if you're only wearing flimsy shorts (mmmm). Incidentally, the *least* comfortable bit of kit in creation is the Y-front.


Pants V. Boxers

Post 5

Researcher 118928

Are boxers pants pants or boxers?


Pants V. Boxers

Post 6

Mardi Gra

Boxer shorts (boxers) are a form of underwear. Does that clear it up? smiley - fish


Pants V. Boxers

Post 7

Pthag

I have tried "going commando" today and have found it quite comfortable...


Pants V. Boxers or Nothing at all?

Post 8

Yelbakk

Well, whatever you do, just don't try to get on your bike too quickly when you have decided not to let the Boxers vs. Pants discussion bother you and do the Dangling Man instead.


Pants V. Boxers

Post 9

bee_bear

personally, i like to see a bit of a cling.

an observation;

men with boxer shorts have very little to 'swing free' or they have a tendancy to be very free with the number of girls they let into their boxers.

men with pants or those calvin klein type tight boxer-pants - supporting a bit more with that clingin fabric and in my experience - more faithful.


Pants V. Boxers

Post 10

Percy von Wurzel

Boxer shorts are one of the few garment varieties that would make Adonis look ridiculous. The only thing more ridiculous than a man wearing only boxer shorts is a man wearing only socks.


Pants V. Boxers

Post 11

Demon Drawer

Not if they are tight ones. smiley - bigeyes

Yum.


Pants V. Boxers

Post 12

Percy von Wurzel

Does anybody wear loose socks?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more