A Conversation for Games to Play Down by the River
Mark Moxon Started conversation Aug 4, 1999
And hey, what about telling the time with dandelion clocks. For those of you who don't know, you get a seeded dandelion (when it's gone all white and fluffy) and blow on it. The number of blows it takes to blow all the seeds off is the time (so four blows means it's 4 o'clock) which, while patently untrue, is a cute concept.
We humans have obviously not reckoned the hours in the day as whenever I blow a dandilion clock it's usually about 33 o' clock!
The Dancing Tree Posted Aug 4, 1999
When I was a young'un we had this thing that they were angels and we were setting them free to go up to heaven. An equally tranquil image.
My friend once told me that if you catch a danilion seed as it is floating through the air you can make a wish as the little white bit at the bottom is a tiny fairy which is hitching a lift!
The Dancing Tree Posted Aug 5, 1999
Whoops - that's what I meant - fairies - not angels!!!
The 1 and only Elkherd Posted Aug 5, 1999
I always thought you were supposed to say "What's the time, Mr. Wolf?" and then count "1 o'clock, two o'clock..." between each puff.
Lupa Mirabilis, Serious Inquisitor Posted Oct 24, 1999
When I was a kid, the story was that if you made a wish before you blew, it would come true if you blew off all the seeds in one breath.
Key: Complain about this post
- 1: Mark Moxon (Aug 4, 1999)
- 2: Dolphin Girl: Patron Saint of Incoherent Ramblings; Keeper of Flutes and Singing Watches (Aug 4, 1999)
- 3: The Dancing Tree (Aug 4, 1999)
- 4: Dolphin Girl: Patron Saint of Incoherent Ramblings; Keeper of Flutes and Singing Watches (Aug 4, 1999)
- 5: The Dancing Tree (Aug 5, 1999)
- 6: The 1 and only Elkherd (Aug 5, 1999)
- 7: Lupa Mirabilis, Serious Inquisitor (Oct 24, 1999)